False colones ranging from 2,000 to 20,000 are circulating all over Costa Rica. Some individuals have even reported receiving these counterfeit bills from bank ATM’s and not refunded when brought to the banks attention.
Here are some tips to identify false colones:
- The colones are slightly smaller than the originals (may vary)
- The quality or texture of the paper is different from the original
- The windowed or embedded duplicate president face seen when held up to the light is different than the plainly visible image
- The color varies slightly from originals
- There is no duplicate embedded effigy of the president when held up to the light
- The 2mil to 20 mil bills all have reflective patterns running down the middle of the back which is visible at an angle
- All bills have a security strip running through them with the 20 mil and 10 mil bills having additional holograms in the security strip
No related posts.
- 21 Feb 2014Identifying false Colones
- 21 Feb 2014Private Security Companies
- 06 Jan 2014Ojochal Meeting
- 06 Jan 2014Costa Rica’s Most Wanted – Los mas buscados
- 06 Jan 2014Credit Card Theft Prevention – Tarjeta de Crédito de Prevención del Robo